Daily Mirror (NSW)
Sample image only
- First Published 1941
- Published in the afternoons, Monday to Saturday
- Stock availability at Paper World:
- Anniversary Newspapers: 1956 -1974
- The Daily Mirror included a lively format with lots of photographs, bold headlines and terrific advertisements, particularly in the 50s and 60s, when it was considered a good family newspaper.
- Content became more sensational in the 1970s, catering to a mainly male market and championing the page 3 girl up until the early 1980s, when political correctness forced it to clean up its image.
- Returned to its family roots in the 1980s, before merging with the Daily Telegraph in 1990 to become the Telegraph-Mirror. Mirror was dropped from the Daily Telegraph masthead in the early 1990s