Sample image only
- First Published 1863
- Published in the mornings Monday to Saturday
- Stock availability at Paper World:
- Anniversary Newspapers: 1940-1965
- A New Zealand national daily published in Auckland in the conservative tradition, retaining classifieds on it front page as late as 1960, with news and photographs inside.
- Since 1960 it has followed its Australasian contemporaries by including a bolder pictorial format complementing its serious reporting and analysis of news, with colour adding another dimension in the early 1990s.