Sample image only
- Broadsheet until 1948, then tabloid until publication ceased in 1985.
- First published 1872
- Published in the afternoons, Monday to Saturday
- Stock availability at Paper World:
- Anniversary Newspapers: 1914-1985
- In the early part of last century, the Telegraph was a less serious newspaper than the Courier Mail, despite it’s broadsheet format
- A greater emphasis on bold headlines, photography, sensational reporting and advertising than the Courier Mail, but this difference became even more accentuated after it changed to a tabloid in the late 40s.
- Like many afternoon newspapers in Australia, the Telegraph became unprofitable in the late 80s and closed down.