The Sun (VIC)
Sample image only
- First published 1922 as the Sun News-Pictorial
- Published in the mornings on Mondays to Saturdays until 1990
- Sunday Sun published on Sunday Mornings from 1989 to 1991
- Stock availability at Paper World:
- Anniversary Newspapers: 1922 - 1990
- With bold front-page headlines photos as well as easy-to-digest news coverage in a tabloid format, The Sun was the first newspaper of its kind in Australia, becoming instantly popular, particularly with the younger market.
- During the late 1920s and 30s many newspapers around the nation attempted to imitate The Sun, but its circulation figures were never matched.
- In 1990, The Sun was merged with its afternoon counterpart, The Herald, to form the Herald Sun, now Australia's most popular daily newspaper.